Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think we place to much emphasis on tieing the line to the spool when spooling up a new reel. although it might make it easyer to get it spooled i dont think it provides much in the way of keeping you from losing a fish. heck if you have your drag set right and a fish stripps it all off the sudden stop when it gets to the end will likely pop the line any way. if the knoted line held then the fish should never have pulled the line in the first place

has anyone here ever been spooled and had the line tied to the spool and had that stop the fish?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
roadkill said:
has anyone here ever been spooled and had the line tied to the spool and had that stop the fish?
Nope. If they get that far, might as well kiss 'em goodbye. But I still tie the line onto the spool because I think it helps me get the loading of the spool started up more easily.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
roadkill said:
Nope. If they get that far, might as well kiss 'em goodbye. But I still tie the line onto the spool because I think it helps me get the loading of the spool started up more easily.
That is why I do it too...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
what about back lashing? without a secure anchor point the closer you get to the end of your spool the more chance you have of backlashing in your reel without a knot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts