Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a beautiful day. I'd go as far as to say the best weather I've had all season. Very little wind...nice temps..Couldn't ask for any more than that.

A long time buddy..we've been friends for 36 years...wanted to do some catfishing..So, we hooked up his 1950 Chris Craft..one of the few things he was able to save when his house burned down in the Black Forest fire..Sort of a sentimental favorite...It's the same age as him and he's had it for thirty years..and we headed on out.

AO...this may be the boat of your dreams...

It was a great day of fishing...We ended up catching 27 between 3 and 15 lbs..took home 13..His limit..and three for me..I still had seven in the freezer..Let all of the big girls go..

Gotta say we both had a great time..Always great getting out with an old friend.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Nice boat! Ugly assed windshield!! Good work on the cats!!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Man hobie, what I have to drive 3 and a half hours to accomplish you can do here:mad::D Nice job getting your friend into fish!!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Hangin with good friends and fishing....don't get no better!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Nice Cooler O' Cats! :cool:

Please post more pics of the vintage boat if you have them. Otherwise, next time you go.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Good thing it didn't have a squawks sticker on the windshield, it'd have sunk at the end of the day 2 ft from the dock....
Or outfished every boat on the lake 43 keepers to 8 keepers...

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
I took a good friend fishing20 years ago, now 1 lowe and 4 lunds later and 50,000.00 in tackle later we are still friends. that is what good fishing buddies do. congrats on the new boat with only 4 hours on it.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys...it was a fun trip...he hadn't taken his boat out since the fire..and his wife was tickled to death by the fish he brought home for a family fish fry.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts