Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a buddy of mine has been trying to get me to take my fly rod well i did and wow!!! so we went to one of his holes on the blue wow i landed a 11.5lbs rainbow a7and5 lb bows it was insane the fish woulndt take a single rapala spoon or spinner it was a fly guys wet dream hell any fishermans wet dream i snapped off an easy 10 fish my buddy doug tied our flys we were using sanjuan worm the pig that i landed on a 5wt fly rod with 5x tippet i guess that what my buddy doug said i take back any thing i have said about flyfishing it was a work out a arm wrestling match we landed 3 fish that were over 10 lbs and 3 that were 7lbs and a couple that were5-6lbs range there were two other guys that were fishing between the 4 of us we landed over 170bs of trout great day to play hookie if i could down load things into the computer at work i would post pics of the pigs

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i was down were the blue meets the colorado it was a hike thruogh knee deep snow

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Is that private or public land?

I have fished some of those deep pools around the state bridge area. There are some scary fish in that stretch!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was public water thre are some hoge in the stretch you are talking about in float it quite the bit using rapalas

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
That's definitely a great day! Now imagine what a bounced nightcrawler would've done...just kidding. Probably not as well as that did today for you! A local guy ken gallegos has all sorts of 10-30 pound rainbows and browns he lands from the blue, the fryingpan, and the taylor. A lot of his pictures are at gene taylor's and sportsmans warehouse in grand junction. Seeing his pictures make me sick...a 17 lb brown is my biggest fish ever I think...and to him and other blue river regulars that's chump change. Good luck in future trips!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts