Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw some guys running personal pontoons down the ARK in pueblo this summer. I know some spots that would be easier to get a good drift from a toon and banging the banks near the deep water with streamers could be fun. I used to fish out of my pontoon in ID on rivers and hitchhike back home. Dont think that will work as well in Pueblo. wanting to do that this summer when the water is up but fishable not wader friendly. I have run big idaho class 3 (Swirley canyon SF Payette) in the pontoon (bigger in my inflatable kayak) so I feel pretty comfortable running that stretch from the damn to the ww park(I have fished it all). Looking for someone who wants to join and help with the shuttle next summer. Also looking for people that are interested in doing a flyfishing self support overnights with inflatable kayaks and other small WW capable boats or big boats. I was thinking gunney gorge, dolores, sanjuan, north platte, green.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Not sure I can commit to a trip because my schedule this year is gonna be rough. If you need someone to shuttle you, shoot me a PM with your plan, I may be able to help. I have floated it in numerous ways, it's gentle as can be.

·
Registered
902 Posts
If you are on Feb add the Colorado kayaking club. They were talking about setting something up. I have all trailer that can hold over half dozen yaks/canoes. I have extra yaks as well. I'd like to give kayaking the ark a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts