Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top ten reasons carp are better than trout
from Michael Gracie by Michael Gracie

1) You need just some 8lb leader to catch carp. Most trout fishermen carry 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X, 6X, and 7X, or at least all those spools dangling from their vests make it look that way.

2) Most carp fishing requires at minimum a stout 6 weight – a 7 or an 8 if you want to play it safe. For trout you carry what’s called a noodle.

3) Carp shy away from anything that looks like an indicator. Tiers create very effective flies for trout…out of indicators.

4) Carp warn their friends when there are flies in the water. Trout chase their friends away and then eat the flies.

5) When fly-fishing for carp you get to see your backing. When fly-fishing for trout, you begin to miss your line.

6) Carp don’t croak after they’ve been out of the water for ten minutes. You have to revive a trout after five seconds.

7) Carp seem happy, as they often jump seemingly just for joy. Trout must be depressed, because all they do is sit in the feeding lane and eat.

8) A puny carp is ten pounds. A trophy trout is…ten pounds.

9) You’re happy if there is a fly shop near your trout fishery. But it’s likely there’s a strip club next to the carp fishery.

And last but not least…

10) Wipe the slime off a trout and it gets sick and dies. Wipe the slime off a carp and you get sick and die.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cochise said:
O K...I mus say Rick...I will give a little love to a suck fish. You saw the one I stuck the other day. Yes you did cuz I actually pictured it and admitted it. Dont let the word get out though. O0
Hahah ;D

·
Registered
541 Posts
fuzzback said:
cochise said:
Pete-G said:
What's a Carp?
A carp is an imaginary good time. Kind of like a Moped.
Riding a moped is fun until a friend sees you...
Taking rental mopeds and bajaing them through powerlines near the beach is lots of fun... until you return them and have to pay damages :-[

·
Registered
370 Posts
The first one I hooked on a fly was nothing short of a war on a 5wt. I think it took me 20 minutes to get him in and he was only hovering around 10lbs.

As stated, you will find out what color your backing is real quick.

·
Registered
150 Posts
So i have never really been into carping. Today I went for like my 3rd time ever and hooked one. Had him on my 5 weight for about 4 or 5 minutes before he broke off. Its nice to have a fish take some line for once!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts