Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious...what is everyones favorite top-water lure? I tend to use mainly a black and red Jitterbug and a natural finish Rapala SkitterProp.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Heddon, Zara Spook #2. I've caught everything on this lure from freshwater bass to sailfish! You need a fairly stiff rod with a quick tip to work it properly w/o killing yourself, but once you get used to i it's a killer bait and the strikes are normally ferocious.
Bill

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I like rapala skitter pops in the frog color. I also used a zara spook for the first time at rio blanco and I loved their action even though I didn't get a strike.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I purchased a zora spook a while back and it has yet to finds its way into a fish's mouth. How exactly do you fish a zora spook. Ive heard of the term "Walk the dog" but I still dont fully get it.....

Pondfisher

·
Banned
487 Posts
The rapala skitterpop is the best topwater lure hands down. It can walk the dog like a spook and it can make the perfect subtle bloop action or a louder blurp. Best popper anyway.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
IceInTheVeins said:
It can walk the dog like a spook
I disagree, having fished both the spook and the skitterpop the spook walks the dog much better. The action of the two can't even compare. The skitterpop is what all my topwater success has come on though. I have high hopes for the spook!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I love buzz baits, watching a bass explode on them is awesome. I bought a new HELIX Buzzbait a japanese made buzz bait that looks good. Sucks that their bass fishing over, atleast the DOW isnt that bad. But it looks like they've made a nice looking topwater bait with this one. Still have to try it to make sure though. I also like frogs they are fun to work slow twitch twitch pause twitch and WHAM! fish on. Topwater is by far the most exciting type of fishing, think thats why I like dry fly fishing better then nymphing even though you will catch more trout on a nymph then a dry through out the year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts