Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else really enjoys reading and posting to a certain topic and the thread is going great....then someone starts talking about the wart on their aunts toe or something....I call these "Topic Busters"..... after reading that post you do not want to view that post any more....

What are some "Topic Busters" you have seen or potential ones?

TH

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lol...yes that would qualify as a "Topic Buster" OUCH!!who said THAT man!!!OUCH I would have said at least a Largemouth bass or somthing not a tiny blugill.. lol

TH

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
This is something we dont really enforce on this board but some other boards I'm on staying ontopic is stricly enforced more then 1 post off the orginal topic causes it to be locked, deleted, or the post deleted.  They are like the soup nazi from sienfeld... NO POST FOR YOU.  
But I agree this happens sometimes, thankfully I dont think it happens a ton here.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
For a list of "Topic Busters", just look at the last post of all the threads that have several responses in them ;)

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
roadkill said:
strangest bait reply "cought perch on willie" might be a close call
I've got to call that one a "Gut Buster" LOL ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I agree with Epic, the moderators don't want to become "post nazis". So we kinda go with the flow as much as possible. Some of the threads will sometimes go through several evolutions as it flows. Some will follow directly down the path set. Others will wobble a bitfrom the straight and narrow.

I like to think part of the allure and enjoyment of the forum is the good natured bantering that occurs on the forum. There have been very few instances where we have had to do anything with a post because of its content.

I can certainly think of some topic busters too. But I will pass on mentioning them.

Dan

·
Registered
157 Posts
On a huge board I moderate on, if someone is posting something as a joke, we never really worry but once something is posted that high-jacks a thread, we ask for people to stay on topic.

Sometimes the comments are hysterical, and others sometimes lead to a highjack which are usually posted by a troll.

If the conversation is good, the comments usually just get ignored.

I am not saying how things should be here just posting my experience.

F

·
0 Posts
I think the moderators do well on this site.......and i just wanted to add that I just had a no wiper ........and that has nothing to do with fishing ..hahahahahah....is that a topic buster

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
im glad i dont do your lawndry guitars

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
How can ya'll lead a perfectly good topic about ice cream to this!?!  Sickos! :mad: 
                     ;D    Chocolate Marshmellow  mmmmmmm     ;D

or cookie dough, brownie, even plain vanilla! vanilla ice cream in Mt. Dew (it's called a mt. lion).  Man, I'm heading to the freezer now! Ben & Jerry are awesome. So is Warren Miller, Ben Wallace, Paval Daytsuk, Giles Alkire, Jack Johnson, the girl who plays Buffy, and was just in the Grudge... :).....  Oh yeah, ice cream. I'm out.    

P.S. Dairy Queen's chocolate marshmellow shake is the best !                                                 

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
TroutHunter said:
Eagle why did I have a feeling that was you... ;)
Hey, when you are as old as I am you have more stories to tell than this board could ever hold, just wait and see, you will too.

Besides, that post was not a topic buster, it was exactly on topic. :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
I love no wipers!!!!! anyways I think that topic busters happen in almost every thread/reply and sometimes they are irritating to me. I love the humor especially from walking eagle but some stuff should really be deleted. I think we should pm each other when there is a question that doesn't concern everyone so that we don't have to read a one on one conversation etc... But if that was the case, most of mycomments would be gone since I am guilty of doing this. I must say though that Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia is "da bomb". Good thing that I am not a moderator because I probably would become a post nazi and delete everything that 1eye, roadkill, epic, dan, james, and Ken posts. It is just useless information ;) ;D :p

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Did somone mention Chocolate?...........Hershey bars, kit kats, snickers, milkyways, Reeses Peanut Butter cups...........Cadbury Eggs...........MMMMMMM chocolate, what day fishing would be complete without Chocolate?

Dan

·
Registered
164 Posts
i actually find this site very friendly, no haters in this place, nothing i found offensive, but time can only tell, we all share one big hobby, i think my picture icon says the truth, but i guess every one here is mature enough to make it a joke.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts