Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went out for a little tonight and decided to work a topwater BBz1 Junior against the shoreline. It’s a six inch swimbait. I was just slow rolling it and got two bass. The first was was pretty nice and probably four pounds or so. It exploded on my lure. I got it to the shoreline but I didn’t wanna flip it into the dirt so I attempted to lip it while avoiding the two bigass, sharp trebles and it flopped and got away. I was super pissed because I wasn’t able to get a photo and it was a good fish. I kept working the lure, however, and stuck another one. This one was probably half the size of the first fish but I was glad to gain full control of it. It absolutely hammered my bait like the first one. Catching fish on topwater is the best so getting them on topwater swimbaits can’t be beat. It really is addictive. Apparently it’s that time of year!!! I had probably four or five other hits but they seemed like small fish that weren’t able to grab the lure. Tomorrow is another day!! I cannot wait to get back out there. I’m sure I’ll be thinking about bass and big lures all night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts