Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already hitting big time around the south!!! You can watch live streaming video from storm chaser vehicles at this site...WARNING...This site can be just addictive as the eagle cam and river cam!!! ;D
Click on the different chaser cars to view different areas.

http://chase.tornadovideos.net/pages/full_screen

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
walleye seeker said:
sure and i am going to OK next week, looks like they missed where i am going
You drive careful Byron! This is the season and I've seen some bad chit watching this site the last couple years!!! Have fun!!!

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big goings on in Texas and Missouri right now...funnel sighting by Jayhawker in Missouri with about 20 chasers on the same storm!!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Yo Pikester - check out stormtrack.org! It's a chaser/spotter site. I think you would enjoy. There are weather discussions daily. Many chasers/spotters report during their chase as well. Good photos and video from a wide variety of chasers/spotters. Are you a spotter or chaser? I have been into the weather as long as I can remember. Problem is, the tornado season happens to be during some of the best fishing! I'm always torn this time of year. Wish I could be two places at once.

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx for the site LH! I'm just a watcher/spotter, always been intrigued by the storms and have seen quite a few tornadoes. I was in the Thornton tornado back in the 80's, watched one at 11 Mile while camping and chased out of a couple Kansas towns by them...LOL... and watch for them where ever we go! I missed the Texas one the other night after I left for work and the one last night in St. Louis had all the chasers fooled, no video crew on seen... :eek:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Another issue with last nights action was that most of it went down in the dark. I'm not comfortable chasing at night, most chasers are not. That's risky business! Plus, it's tough to get good video and pics. Often times, the only confirmation a chaser or spotter will have of a tornado at night is by seeing power flashes. It just isn't worth it in my opinion. I know what you mean about getting chased out of areas in Kansas by a tornado ;)

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
k0diak said:
Cool site Tony!
Wasn't much fun last night when 8 twisters ripped through Texas. Wife & I had to sit through 3 warnings, 2 were close.

First one blew up just 1 mile south of our house around 6:00, and the collateral damage was sad. 2nd one hit 6 miles south a few minutes later, no damage, just 2.56 inches of rain and hail...

Last one ran through about 10:30 last night, winds never really hurt much, but the extra inch of rain and hail sucked.

5 straight days of tornado activity, close enough where we have to keep the AM radio on storm tracker...... tons of fun, better weather ahead :)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Wow... and it isn't even May yet.... eek.

Be safe, BHR. I'll never forget for the life of me waking up to sirens at 5 a.m. at my brother-in-law's house in Wisconsin last summer... and he was already at work, opening his store!

Nothing says loving like 'honey, listen to the weatheradio for me'... oh, for a safe storm cellar and a house built underground...

I hate tornadoes like I hate earthquakes - the earthquake you just have to sit there and ride out without any warning... twister is like the big bully on the block... just when you think you'll be okay, blam, it's in your face...

Be safe, guys...

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
South storm death toll climbs to 178 in 5 states; 128 in Ala. This is terrible!!! Like Nancy said it's not even May yet and that's the worse month of the year. Dean...you and the family be safe!!! Here is another couple of sites to watch the tornados and to track them!!!

http://www.chasertv.com/

http://www.stormtrack.org/

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tornado on the ground near Cherokee, Binger and Spring Creek Ok. Double click on Texas Storm Chasers... :eek:

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I really feel for the people of joplin. effing sucks (no pun intended) to see a city completely leveled by "the finger of God".

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tornado just went through Battle Creek Mich. area! Looks like the storm is heading towards Cleveland area and northeast towards Toronto!!! Hope everyone is OK on this Memorial Day!!!

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Dude...get a real life! Following storms? Better than what I'm doin. Let's hook up tomorrow, I'll call ya 7ish. Besides your BC's n SB's gonna need a bobber rig. I have the bait.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts