Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a chance to get out and fish after having to work the past three weekends. Hit a little spot that very few know of. Went for five hours total (2 in the morning and 3 after lunch) and was targeting largies. Got into them heavy using 2.5" crawfish pattern tubes. Ended up with 22 with the biggest being 16"

Switched to a Gene Larew Biffle O 5.5" thinking I could get some big girls to smash em. It worked as I landed another 10 over 16" with two over 20" and much to my surprise the crappie hammered 'em too. Ended up with 12 crappie and kept 7 for dinner.

No pics of the bass. Don't want to give away any secrets. Biggest crappie was just over 12"

·
P I K E
10,111 Posts
Nice job Ninja, glad you could get away!!! I almost PM'd ya to see if you were free to target toothy critters today but got busy myself! Maybe soon!!!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Way to go-you've got a boat ride at Pueblo whenever you want one.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Way to go-you've got a boat ride at Pueblo whenever you want one.
Thanks Byron. My weekends should be more consistent now that the rainy season has passed (hopefully). I have a few more business items to sell off and then I will have three day weekends the rest of the year. For now, I really only get one day off and its normally Friday or Saturday.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice job Ninja, glad you could get away!!! I almost PM'd ya to see if you were free to target toothy critters today but got busy myself! Maybe soon!!!
Thanks Pikester. I appreciated the almost invite....LOL We'll get together I'm sure. Like I said to Byron; I have a few loose ends to wrap up with selling my business and then
"Its on like Donkey Kong". My yak is looking kinda lonely on the driveway for sure...

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Good stuff... I bet you were stoked to get some slabs

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good stuff... I bet you were stoked to get some slabs
Stoked and quite shocked at the size. I knew there were some in there, but didn't expect anything quite that big. PM me and I'll fill you in on some details.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Way to get into em, sounds like a great day of bass fishing. I love me some tube jigs. Just got back from a week long fishing trip and went through sooooo many tubes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts