Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the weather has started to get a little nice, I've managed to bang up my leg/hip pretty good, and it could stay that way for the foreseeable future. Consequently, I won't be able to spend nearly as much time as I'd like walking the banks and hunting trouts. My solution, now that the hard water is softening, is to beg strangers who have boats to take me out on them. I haven't really done any still-water fishing, but I'm interesting in fly-fishing for bass, pike, carp, trout, wiper or whatever else. I'd also try spinning or casting, but I don't have any of the stuff for that. I live in central Denver, so I'm down with boating local fisheries as well as making the drive to some places that are farther away. I mostly fish on the weekends, but I can usually sneak out on a weekday with a little notice, and weekday evening are also strong possibilities.

So if you've got a boat and want a little company, send me a PM. I'll be forever grateful, and so will my girlfriend, because I'm even crankier than usual when I don't get my fishing fix.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
What the hell did you do? I could tell it was bad but didn't know it was THAT bad. Get a float tube and start that venture?!?!

S

·
0 Posts
Why not just hobble to the river, find the closest run and hang out there for a few hrs ?

X2 on the pnotoon with motor, you may even qualify for a Handicapped Docking Permit.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
COCarp said:
sswan said:
COCarp said:
...Get a float tube and start that venture?!?!
Can you put on waders and fins?
What's going on here? You, Jim and a few others are on to something...
Nothing much--I've invited him on Fish With A Lib Day for the past three years to fish Antero or Spinney and been rebuffed each time.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Fess up, Al. What *did* you do? Others do have an idea - one of the girls from CWFF broker her ankle a few years ago - had the big cast, all that, and still bought the biggest hip boots she could jam the cast into, and still got to make the annual pilgrimage to the East river to chase kokes.

Can you paddle or do we need to tow you out on the new pontoon with the trolling motor?
(Yes, we have an extra float tube now that hubby has pontoon)

Do tell. ???

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Funk....

I have a toon you are welcome to borrow as well. Could possibly rig a motor for it if needed(wouldn't want you to break a sweat while rowing!), I just don't have a battery for it.

Lemme know if I can help.

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
Funkster is getting punked :D :D :D. Al, get your butt to Texas and you can sip coldies (or torch fatties) in my boat while we watch the bikini hatch as you throw your arm off catching hybrids and crappies on Cedar Creek Lake.

Texas....

BHR

S

·
0 Posts
beadheadred said:
Funkster is getting punked :D :D :D. Al, get your butt to Texas and you can sip coldies (or torch fatties) in my boat while we watch the bikini hatch as you throw your arm off catching hybrids and crappies on Cedar Creek Lake.

Texas....

BHR
Dang it, i think i just tore up my knee - Bikini Hatch here i come !!!!

ps - do i have to wear a 10 Gallon hat there ??

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
sucks man... come April/May, we can hit up the P-Res for Bass.... I'll let ya know...

So what the hell did ya do? Does this have something to do with those knee pads?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
hahaha, poor funk. Funny though. Shortly after I had my 2nd foot surgery last year, I was lucky enough to have a buddy of mine take me out on his boat. It was GREAT. Good luck findin someone local to take ya out. If ya can't, sounds like a trip to TX is in order. Hell, I might beat ya down there! ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts