Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got out to some Lake Trout ice fishing for the first time this year. Man they were tight lipped, switched to a 3 inch pink tube lost a big one first thing and got 3 smaller ones. That’s fishing for ya.

Here is my video from the trip: https://youtu.be/hBW0GQFNHtw

·
Registered
367 Posts
Good Video AJ! Too bad that one broke off. I blame slow bite on full moon. Creek fishing bite has been slow for me also. Yesterday I saw about 60 fish and could not get even one to bite.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I think you drove right by us at one point in your video ( if you were there Saturday).

We used 832 ice braid and I think it made a difference. Most of the bites were a mellow "thunk" and then a hook set.

What a glorious day to be in the mountains of Colorado, hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you drove right by us at one point in your video ( if you were there Saturday).

We used 832 ice braid and I think it made a difference. Most of the bites were a mellow "thunk" and then a hook set.

What a glorious day to be in the mountains of Colorado, hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.
Yea it was most likely me! I think you're right about the line, they wouldn't hit anything that i had with straight moss green brain, but when i use the clear line sure enough. It is impressive how good those fish can see that deep down. We were in 70 feet of water mostly.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Yea it was most likely me! I think you're right about the line, they wouldn't hit anything that i had with straight moss green brain, but when i use the clear line sure enough. It is impressive how good those fish can see that deep down. We were in 70 feet of water mostly.
Right at 60 fow, braid to a swivel, to 36 inch of flouro, 4 inch brown tubes and Cotton Cordell blades did it for us.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right at 60 fow, braid to a swivel, to 36 inch of flouro, 4 inch brown tubes and Cotton Cordell blades did it for us.
Ironic enough i didn't follow my own tutorial on how to catch lake trout from last years video lol. I always do the braid to flouro swivel but was just absolutely unprepared for this trip. Thanks for the tips, that is huge help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts