Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got out to some Lake Trout ice fishing for the first time this year. Man they were tight lipped, switched to a 3 inch pink tube lost a big one first thing and got 3 smaller ones. That’s fishing for ya.

Here is my video from the trip: https://youtu.be/hBW0GQFNHtw

· Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you drove right by us at one point in your video ( if you were there Saturday).

We used 832 ice braid and I think it made a difference. Most of the bites were a mellow "thunk" and then a hook set.

What a glorious day to be in the mountains of Colorado, hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.
Yea it was most likely me! I think you're right about the line, they wouldn't hit anything that i had with straight moss green brain, but when i use the clear line sure enough. It is impressive how good those fish can see that deep down. We were in 70 feet of water mostly.

· Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right at 60 fow, braid to a swivel, to 36 inch of flouro, 4 inch brown tubes and Cotton Cordell blades did it for us.
Ironic enough i didn't follow my own tutorial on how to catch lake trout from last years video lol. I always do the braid to flouro swivel but was just absolutely unprepared for this trip. Thanks for the tips, that is huge help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.