Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have only fished in one of the Colorado Kayak Fishing Clubs tournaments last year up at Spinney and I loved it. They put on a great event and everyone seemed like they had a good time. I love the competition aspect of it and the fact that I get to spend a whole day out on the water is always a bonus (wife and baby have limited my outings and the time I get to spend on the water since my baby was born so an all day tournament is perfect for me!). The multi-species format that they use for most of their tournaments really helped with my decision making and planning. In the past when I was up there fun fishing I might get stuck trying to force the fish into biting one particular presentation, but because I knew that I needed to catch a limit to be competitive I had to make some quick decisions to change presentations and also change locations. You will definitely learn a lot about yourself and your fishing styles during the tournaments. This year I'm planning on fishing more of their tournaments but I can't get the wife to let me fish all of them...yet.

I also want to try to fish one of the tournaments hosted by the Tightline guys.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts