Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man spring break is killing me, between work taking the kid fishing and baseball practice its hard to find any sleep. We went to Townsend trying for them early spring bass. Walked the entire lake tossing a jig n pig, got a couple follows but now bites probably the wrong color. Happened apun 2 schools of 100+ trout while walking the bank for bass and decided I'd give a go at the trout. Lake was recently stocked there are so many trout in there its not funny.... but it looks like they are all cutbows I wonder why the change, the trout they normally have were so pretty. Anyways back to the report. Pitched a bunch of lures their way but they were just chasing them and not taking anything I threw. The guy down the bank was catching them on nightcrawlers, so finally I switched to the garenteed powerbait and salmon eggs. Took about 10 mins then finally caught one, seeing them chase your bait when it hits the water and not eat it then having to sit there and wait hoping one of them bites for 10 mins can almost drive a man insane. THe kid caught one soon after also on salmon eggs. I caught one more then switched to a blue fox spinner. First cast landed one. then the kid ran to the tackle box to get one for himself. Next cast landed another. Then Cody's turn we started nailing them left and right tell around 2pm and they just turned off. WOuld chase our spinners but not bite, was pretty weird. We left and went to baseball field to work on hitting before practice started.

Here is the rainbow I caught, see how pretty they are why would they start stocking cutbow instead of those:

Cody with his first of the day:

Pretty much all the other fish were clones of Cody's cutbow. 12-14 inches between the 2 of us about 20+ fish we werent really counting after a while.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
nice fish , trout are always fun to catch when nothing else is biteing, were is townsend res ? , is there alot of largemouth in there

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its on Ft. Carson, the bass I caught last year there were 10-13 inchers was hoping for a large bass moving shallow for pre-spawn. But the ones that followed my lure were about the same size as that 10-13.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts