Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few hours ago one of my best friends lost his dad to a fishing/boating accident. He's on his way to Kansas right now to be with family and soon preach his dad/pastor's funeral. Basically, the wind & waves were fierce, & even though all three men went overboard with life vests on, the cold water & waves were more than he could handle at 70. The others are okay. Life's not fair, but God is just (one of the best messages I ever heard preached). If you will, please pray for the Elder family. My buddy lost his life's hero today. Be safe out there.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Wow sorry to hear that, the weather seems so much rougher this year...keep an eye to the sky everyone...it can happen to you...

Prayers for your buddy and his family!...

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Sorry to hear of your and your buddy's loss. That Kansas wind can be brutal.

Which lake, if you don't mind saying?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure which lake since I've never fished Kansas. It was a men's camping/fishing trip for the church he pastored in Hutchinson. Thanks guys for the prayers and/or kind words.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Dear God in heaven, we come before you in a time of sorrow as we grieve the loss of a dear loved one in the Elder family in Kansas. We pray that you will provide peace and comfort for family and friends during this time and pray that our brother is now safe with you in heaven.

Lord, it feels like tradgedies are all around us and sometimes they strike very close to home or upon our lives directly. Though we may not always understand your ways, give us strength in our faith to know that you are always in control and love us enough to sacrifice your son so that we may have the hope of being with you eternally.

We ask this in your son's name, Jesus Christ, amen.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pikester said:
Dear God in heaven, we come before you in a time of sorrow as we grieve the loss of a dear loved one in the Elder family in Kansas. We pray that you will provide peace and comfort for family and friends during this time and pray that our brother is now safe with you in heaven.

Lord, it feels like tradgedies are all around us and sometimes they strike very close to home or upon our lives directly. Though we may not always understand your ways, give us strength in our faith to know that you are always in control and love us enough to sacrifice your son so that we may have the hope of being with you eternally.

amen

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
pikester said:

Amen

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
My prayers to him and his family. I hope they can find some peace of mind soon. Scary to hear this stuff... My dad is 68, he seems so young, but geez.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts