Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1440 lund and shorelander roller bunk trailer. Really I don't have issues launching & loading in regular conditions, but have a hard time seeing the trailer thru side view mirrors with my new tow rig since the trailer is narrower than the truck.

Of course getting off of any south park lake needs to happen quickly and efficiently.

I like to make quick work at the ramp, and there is alot of options out there geared toward bigger boats, just wondering what everyone's experiences have been with with posts, bunks, and even combos, especially lighted posts, and with a quality well fitting boat & trailer if it is even worth the wrench time, thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes, it can get rather violent in SP. I always thought a web cam on the north boat ramp at Spinney would be fun to watch. I load and unload my 18' Lund twice a week during prime spring and fall seasons, mostly by myself. I prefer to use the south ramp at Spinney and witchers cove at 11 mile when possible, those ramps are more protected.
I put my trailer about 3/4 of the way in on the wind blown side of the dock and walk my boat up as far as it will go then power it up the rest of the way. Never had the need for posts.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Don't really think you can power load with a roller trailer. It will slide right back into the water unless you leave it in gear which to me is a bad idea if you are alone.

If the issue is seeing the trailer from a truck, try lowering the tail gate. Or maybe a rear view camera.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts