Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Trinidad Lake Wednesday 04.19.17 from 4PM to 9PM. Air temp was 77 at 4 and 50 at 10:40 when I pulled out. Water temp was 52. Water clarity was not quite 2 foot and water is muddy. Lake level is up quite a bit and would call it 6' short of full pool but could not get an official level from the Ranger who was a nice guy wish I could remember his name it wasn't Ranger JJ who I usually see but still a nice guy. Winds from the West/NW or West/SW variable up to about 15 degrees with a good chop and light whitecapping at times. I was the only boat on the lake the whole time. There were a few shore anglers. Action for walleye was decent using blade baits and small swimbait on 1/4 jighead.
Also from CPW site:

From CPW fishing conditions report:
CPW - Conditions for the week of April 18th, 2017.
Trinidad Lake
Fishing from the south shore has been good with anglers catching 16 to 20 inch trout around the lake using PowerBait and worms. Reilly Canyon, where the river comes in, has been slow due to the muddy water from recent rains. Anglers have also been catching a few walleye and catfish. Boaters have been catching mostly trout and walleye. Perch fishing is starting to pick up, with anglers having success from both the shore and floating. Jigs tipped with worms have provided the most bites.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts