Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a great day on the water-caught smallmouth and one largmouth on spinnerbaits, cranks and tubes. Everything came fairly shallow-less than 15 FOW. About 20 fish in all. Lake is way, way down-lowest I've ever seen it. Guy at the boat inspection said they're gonna close the ramp maybe as early as month end but they hope to keep it open until Dec 1 like they did last year-guess it all depends on they're budget.

Love this little lake-has some good walleye but nobody I talked to was having much luck with them that day. Water temp was 58 in the early morning and 61 by the time we left shortly after 12.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Buddy-o-mine and I are going down for our annual fish between sporting seasons weekend. We usually do really well down there on this trip. Hope to continue the trend. I am sure we will be amazed as to how low the res. is because this spring when we went, it was the fullest we had ever seen in years. Gonna be a dramatic change. Hopefully it does not affect our honey hole(s). Will post next Sunday as to how it all went down.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good size on the bass-most of them were 12-14" with a few pushing 16 and 17". Fish were fat and healthy-don't know what they've been eating but they've been eating good.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sounds like a great day on the water Kirby. Congrats!!!!!

How clear was the water? Last time I was there it was like fishing in chocolate milk?

d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts