Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  Went out tonight for a little night trolling for walleye to see if I could catch a few bigger fish.I've been catching 5 or 6 jigging each time but only 1 at 18in.Most around 15 or less[the new size limit this year]Started in 18 yo 20 ft just before dark trolling a tail dancer and a perch colored shad rap.I caught 3 small ones in 15 minutes,all on the shad rap but then things slowed down.Put on the 4in x-rap and a clear colored glass shadrap and moved to 10 to 12ft.Between 8:30 and 10:30 I caught 11 or 12 more walleye and 1 smally.Most all were caught on the x-rap while working the rod while trolling.Mostly when I paused the bait for a second or two the strike came.I lost one big boy,eventhough I was only trolling at 1 to 1.5 mph I had to stop the motor.It was like a stump that had violent head shakes.Got him half way in and,oh well.6 or 7 lbs at least.I only kept 3 in the 17 1/2 to 19in range for supper.Im sure they'll be good eating.I dont post much here but enjoy reading your posts greatly.You guys sure have a great forum,the best fishing reports around.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
good to hear from trinidad, nice to know there are a few in there

·
Registered
633 Posts
Coyote, couldn't agree more that this site is the best! Thanks for the report on Trinidad. Don't get down there as much as I'd like. It sure is a pretty lake and good park too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing offical yet.The local game warden told me that theres a trace of mercury and any amount must be reported to the public.Nothing near anything you would consider a high level threat.CWD,mad cow,bird flu,global warming and now mercury.Im sure I wont last much longer. ;D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
coyote said:
Nothing offical yet.The local game warden told me that theres a trace of mercury and any amount must be reported to the public.Nothing near anything you would consider a high level threat.CWD,mad cow,bird flu,global warming and now mercury.Im sure I wont last much longer. ;D
Hmm....CWD, mad cow (same thing different animal) bird flu, global warming, maybe its the murcury causing all this ::)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts