Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to South Dakota to pick up my new boat. I bought a 2012 1975 Lund Pro V. Now it is time to rig it. I already have ordered my boards and snap weights.

What trolling rod options are there? I have always like the BPS trolling rods, but I know there are a lot of other options to choose from. I will probably pair them with Diawa Sealine's. Just curious what else might be available that I haven't thought of?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Gander has some really good ones, talk to Donald. Cabelas has some good ones, although be careful as I have heard that the quality isn't what it used to be and some guys have had problems. I have used the Eagle Claw Starfires and I like them a lot. I also use the BPS Leopard series for night trolling. If you really want to do it right, and money is no object, I would look at the St Croix's. They are pricey for trolling rods, but, you get double duty out of them because they are also awesome bouncer rods. Sadly, I don't have them, but Dan does and he can tell you all about them. Nate uses the Fenwick trolling rods and raves about them too.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Just went to South Dakota to pick up my new boat. I bought a 2012 1975 Lund Pro V. Now it is time to rig it. I already have ordered my boards and snap weights.

What trolling rod options are there? I have always like the BPS trolling rods, but I know there are a lot of other options to choose from. I will probably pair them with Diawa Sealine's. Just curious what else might be available that I haven't thought of?
Nice BOAT !!
Tell Us more... 8)

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I think Shimano Tekota's paired with their Talora rods are the best there is. The Charter Special reels are really great as well, with a quickly adjustable lever drag. I run almost no drag for hard hitting fish like wipers and salmon.

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
Somebody stole the windshield!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Neal, that is one siiiick boat.

Congrats on the new ride, and may it see many thousands of MA walleye (including a world record) in the years to come.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Yep congrats!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
LUND.... nothing more to say..
nice BOAT... you will have fun with it FOR SURE..
looks like a 175 Verado?
Hope I run into you this next season! :smile:

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys! Those aren't my rods, (previous owner)

I looked at a dozen boats before pulling the trigger on this one! I formed my own LLC called Rocky Mountain Adventure Guide's. We are going to tie Kelly's online photo gallery eventually with my guide service. I will concentrate on walleye and wiper here on the front range, with a heavy emphasis on Pueblo. It will be early summer before I am ready! I plan own honing my boat skills till then! I am also going to fish a full season of CWA tournaments to get sharp! It has been ten years since I sold my boat:-[

I also wanted a boat big enough to go to places like Glendo and Big Mac a lot!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Congrats on the new boat and good luck with the guide service Neal! As far as trolling rods, I have some good ones to sell you at Gander.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
The Guide Series Classic trolling rods range from 8'-10'6" I believe, different rods for different applications (Planer Board, Downrigger, Dipsy Diver, Leadcore). I'm not at work right now so I don't have all the specifics. They're $69.99 regular price but regularly go on sale for less. The 8' Medium Planer Board rod is a GREAT all around trolling rod!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts