Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hi and welcome..
Try this link for a manual for your eagle fish finder. http://www.eaglegps.com/default.htm I did not see your specific model but perhaps you can dig a little deeper and find it. They have downloadable manual on the site. Another thing to try is to play with the menu a little and see if you can find the demo screen and activate that. They will often show you the various features that your unit is capable of performing. You should also se something that will allow you to set it back to factory default settings. This is a good place to start and then begin to tinker with it to learn about your unit's capabilities and be able to interpret what you are seeing on the screen.
The manual will also show you how your transducer should be positioned for optimum results. Make sure that is as it is supposed to be or you will get all kinds of strange readings.

As for trolling speed,, There are others that can assist you better than I can,, It would help to know what type of boat and motor you have to see if your at least in te ballpark for an average trolling speed. There are also many accessories that will allow you to slow your trolling speed if you desire.

Brett

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'm going to guess that the 5.0 will be a little on the fast side for trolling but iothers will have a better idea. I have a 65hp merc that I think is a tad too fast at times. there are rolling plates you can buy to add to the motor or dragging a parachute like device will also work, though it would seem more trouble.
I like to let out a little more line than I can typically cast, ( thats a starting point) you can then vary from there to see what the fish wants.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The board or my computer is acting weird and it posted before I was ready and spell checked so I apologize for that.

Remember that several factors influence your lures action and depth. Line size, boat speed, weight attached, length of line let out, waves and turning vs. straight line trolling. You'll have to experiment with all of that but that?s the fun part of fishing.

Good luck !
Brett

1 - 3 of 3 Posts