Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i fish Boyd at least twice a week because theres a huge field i can let my dog "hunt" in (not really, but thats what bird dogs do when you let them off the leash), and its right down the street from my house so its easy on the gas! I havent caught a trout in god knows how long, and ive tried just about everything. can anyone point me in the direction of the trout? I wouldnt be asking if i couldnt find them myself..

·
Registered
279 Posts
Do you have a boat? If so, troll out to appr. 20-25 feet of water. Troll Rapalas, Dick Nite's, Little Cleos, and worm harnesses at appr. half the water column (12-14 ft) and you should do good. If you don't have a boat park in the far south parking lot and follow the bike path over the canal until it ends. There is an area there the Walking Eagles fishes (I do too when he's not hogging it!). It's small but the water is deep. I use typical baits (Power Bait, worms, maggots) and typical lures (spinners, rooster tail, Mepps, Kastmasters, Kcocadiles).

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
fatfish said:
There is an area there the Walking Eagles fishes (I do too when he's not hogging it!). It's small but the water is deep. I use typical baits (Power Bait, worms, maggots) and typical lures (spinners, rooster tail, Mepps, Kastmasters, Kcocadiles).
Walking Eagle last hogged it about 8-9 days ago, caught many small bass, and got skunked on the trout. (Dang, it hurts to be honest.) I keep coming back every so often to see if the trout are back yet, which I expect at some point as the water cools. But the large numbers don't seem to have moved in yet. In the first half of the summer, you couldn't cast a bait or lure there without a trout hitting it on the way down. I want to see that again, you betchum, Kemo Sabe. Then you will see some real hogging. :)

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
james said:
Try the shore to the right of the marina. from the marina to the point. ;)
Some nice walleyes have come out of that stretch. That's according to other fisherman, not me. I haven't worked it myself. Yet.

So many lunkers, so little time.....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks! ill give the area near the marina a try. i usually only fish from the campground & south. i wish i owned a boat, thats my goal before next spring!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts