Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any fished the section around Manitou Park Recreation area? I have a couple of hours on Fri morning, am trying to get some basic info and am wondering if it's worthwhile to explore. Any recs for what flies to use? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I thought that was all owned by that fancy fish club right there. Might be a couple open stretches somewhere there. I know that club has some Bigass fish on their property.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See if there is a fly shop local. They'd probably be your best resource.
I found the info doing a Google search. Angler's Covey's website (http://www.anglerscovey.com/where-to-fish/colorado-small-streams/trout-creek) had the info. Sadly, I'm going to be there pretty early in the morning before they open. Otherwise, I'd stop by to get some flies and info.

Can never go wrong with dries this time of year
As a beginner, I have nymphs, San Juan worms and eggs. Do you think any of these would be productive or should I try to get myself some dry flies?

Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's a very small creek... not sure I've ever seen anyone fish in it? The terd plant north of WP discharges into it so you might hook up on a couple brown's??? Lots of willows too if I remember right. There's two fly shops in town, peak fly shop and south platte fly shop. Will be interested to see how you do...

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
As a beginner, I have nymphs, San Juan worms and eggs. Do you think any of these would be productive or should I try to get myself some dry flies?
Get some Adams, Royal Wulff and Elk Hair caddis size 14 and 16, you should be good to go. There are trout in that creek, also if memory serves me there is a pond just outside of WP, may want to hit that up too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts