Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whomp and I went out to fish the old pond this past weekend and got some footage. Although the cat didn’t want to be in this video we got some awesome footage of his bucknasty trout flying out of the water. Great day overall but the fishing was tough. Caught a small pike on a rooster that wasn’t easy to remove and landed your average trout on the fly. We went down the road later in the afternoon to try our luck casting metal from shore and landed a bunch of slimers. Pike just as the sun goes down was what we wanted but struck out. Here’s the link to a quick edit I put together while out on the tube.....

https://youtu.be/0tHd9_eWxD0

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I learned very quick that extra batteries are essential. You can't go a whole day fishing on just one. The amount of storage you have is also a consideration in that for most not all footage will be that of epic battles between man and beast.....scenery is nice but getting that strike is partly why you brought it lol Where you direct the camera is vital to ensuring your spot isn't overrun and can be difficult to achieve. I've got some sweet footage that I do not want to post but love taking it out on the water. If nothing else it teaches you about how you fish and what did and didn't work that day.....a great tool to have but a fun toy as well! Thx for watching my video and good luck buddy!

·
Registered
356 Posts
@Colorado.Mackinaw

Right on! I haven't even tried underwater much yet.

I've only been recording a quick segment once the fish is landed, not the whole fishing session, take or battle. Also I've found that on a computer you can extract video frame(s) if you want a still photo(s) from your video.

Anyway it's fun. Might take it out for some mountain bike recording as well.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
C-Mack
Your underwater lake trout release video is pretty rad! Pretty clear water and it looks like it gets deep quick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts