Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
For all the trout streams anglers (both fly and spin), I've been working on a mapping project for a couple years to help us find and navigate trout streams. Would be great to get any feedback ya'll have and spread the word a bit.

Long story short, I mapped out and rated over 2,000 streams in Colorado (and 6 other states), mapped out every land parcel that offers public access (easements, state parks, SWAs, etc), mapped out thousands of parking spots and boat launches, and then thousands of miles of trails to help us identify cool trails along streams. We also have USGS stream gages for real-time stream flows, interactive stream elevation profiles to identify tailwaters and elevation changes, and other cool features. Couple of screen shot examples attached- one of the Deckers area and another in RMNP. It's true there are other resources for this, like OnX and CPW App, but both are pretty limited for our use cases, and having a resource like TroutRoutes that covers the whole U.S. will be hugely beneficial for all of us that explore new areas.

It’s currently a free resource on both the Apple app store and Android Play store.

Apple App Store:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/troutroutes/id1423989574

Android Play store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.troutinsights.troutroutes&hl=en_US

Any ideas to make it better? Things you like or don’t like? Hit me up! -Zach

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Part of the fun is finding them on my own.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part of the fun is finding them on my own.
Yea I hear ya, but I personally see this as a tool/enhancer to exploring new streams and areas rather than replacing that process. I’ve spent too many days driving around looking for public access to streams or even the streams themselves. Nowadays I actually use this for finding streams with only trail access with no road access. Lots of cool tribs with trailheads along the side for miles, rarely any crowds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts