Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a tough time with the walleyes lately. I lost my best eye of the year right at my feet the other night. Since then the only thing biting where I've been fishing has been the 50 mph winds! Ha, Also managed to catch a few trout.

Actually.. give it up. It's ice season
You got a point James...I was fighting mad ice build up and tried this;

FishingPapa

Re: freezing eyelets
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 10:27:53 am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have done some experimenting and used the cheap WalMart nonstick cooking spray. Its only about 2 bucks for a big can.

The non-stick spray worked really well one night. Then I tried again an other time, I don't know if it was because I had fished the rod earlier in the day and the line was wet or what but my powerpro was freezing up into what looked like strands of pearls, soon enough I had casted off a smithwick due to ice build up. :-\....Time to dust off a spinning rod, fished the spin rod with flouro. It didn't ice up as much but I did lose a lot sensitivity comparaed to the braid.

Re: The Swim of the Smithwick.
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 03:02:39 am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jevan...nice eyes...still has to be some monsters in there for as long as they have been stocking them...especially with all the feed...that one looks pretty chunky...bwahaahahahhaaaaa...imagine a state record out of there!...
Ha, ha Z that's what I've been day dreaming about while night fishin'...well ok I'd even by happy with a ten pounder. ;)

Ok here's some pics;

This is my best brown from the past couple of weeks.

My daughter and I hit Mary's Lake {Estes Park} for some open water fishing end of November. Mary's rarely ever freezes and never has good ice. Fly & bubble used.

I wish I was posting up some bigger fish, but these were hard earned...

XRap 12

Smithwick Rogue

Half froze....me and the fish.

Tight lines.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Good job, Jev'. Sorry about that year's best walleye escaping at the last second. Way to persevere, though.

For some reason your pics were loading super slowly for me. In fact I finally gave up (tried twice). :-\ Did see a few. Maybe problem was on my end.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
It may not be "Eyes," but that is some great trout fishing right there..

D.J.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
When I clicked on this I thought I would be reading about catching a blind trout......

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
When I clicked on this I thought I would be reading about catching a blind trout......

Ha, ha ha . yeah I thought that might get a few more people to take a look. ;)

Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
JWurgaft said:
gofindyourowndamnfish said:

Ha, ha ha . yeah I thought that might get a few more people to take a look. ;)
I'm sure it worked. Pretty fish!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts