Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14196425/a-smith-out-for-49ers-t-smith-to-start-vs-broncos

LONDON -- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith will miss Sunday's game against the Denver Broncos in London because of a separated left shoulder.

Head coach Mike Singletary said Wednesday that Smith will be sidelined for 2 to 3 weeks and Troy Smith will start for the Niners (1-6) at Wembley Stadium.

"Troy Smith gives us a good opportunity to win this game," Singletary said. "He has enough of the offense to play."

Alex Smith was injured on a sack in the third quarter of last Sunday's 23-20 loss to the Carolina Panthers. David Carr replaced him, but was passed over for this weekend's game.

"I talked to David Carr about it. He understands," Singletary said.

Troy Smith was signed in December and has not yet played a game for the 49ers.

The Niners have a bye following the game at Wembley, giving Alex Smith a chance to heal before San Francisco faces the St. Louis Rams on Nov. 14.

Alex Smith completed 9 of 19 passes for 129 yards and one touchdown against Carolina. But some confusion among his offensive linemen allowed Charles Johnson to tackle him from his blind side, driving his shoulder into the turf.

He arrived in London on Monday -- along with the rest of the team -- and spent the morning at the hospital, still with his non-throwing arm in a sling.

Both the 49ers and Broncos (2-5) are coming off losses and will be looking to get their season on track Sunday in the fourth regular-season NFL game to be played in the British capital.
Maybe the Broncos should start Tebow so we could have a Heisman Trophy battle?

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if the Broncos lose that means that McDaniels will be 4-18 in his last 22 games. That'd be a winning percentage of .182 (rounded up). that winning percentage adjusted over a 16 game season means 2 or 3 wins at best.

What better time to make a change then during a bye week?

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
I still don't understand the reasoning behind the start Tebow trend. Why? If J-Mac is gonna get fired at the end of this season, Tebow is a non-factor. His NFL career dies with J-Mac's head coaching career...

So it's pointless.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mrwigglestheworm said:
I still don't understand the reasoning behind the start Tebow trend. Why? If J-Mac is gonna get fired at the end of this season, Tebow is a non-factor. His NFL career dies with J-Mac's head coaching career...

So it's pointless.
My comment about starting Tebow was a joke. I prefer Orton of course. You know where I stand on Tebow. At least after the Broncos drafted him, Denise didn't want to talk to me and she had to clean her ears out. She had never heard words like those come out of my mouth before.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
In this weak AFC West it ain't over yet. Why in the world would you bench your best player in favor of an untried rookie QB? That idea makes no sense at all.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
The Broncos are tied with the Chargers and have both division games left against them, are only 1 game back of the Raiders and still have a game left against them, and are only 2 1/2 back of the Chiefs with both games left against them. This season isn't over yet. Granted, it's on life support, but it isn't dead.

Once they are mathematically eliminated from winning the division, if that happens, then maybe you see whether Tebow can play, but not until then. That idea is just ludicrous. The fact that you would endorse it just underscores how stupid it is.

I'm ready to see McDaniels gone, too, but I'm not willing to see them tank just to try to accomplish that.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
The Broncos are tied with the Chargers and have both division games left against them, are only 1 game back of the Raiders and still have a game left against them, and are only 2 1/2 back of the Chiefs with both games left against them. This season isn't over yet. Granted, it's on life support, but it isn't dead.

Once they are mathematically eliminated from winning the division, if that happens, then maybe you see whether Tebow can play, but not until then. That idea is just ludicrous. The fact that you would endorse it just underscores how stupid it is.I'm ready to see McDaniels gone, too, but I'm not willing to see them tank just to try to accomplish that.
Was that aimed at Riv? I think he's saying what you're saying, DID.... Kiszla is the stupid one in this thread...

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
Was that aimed at Riv? I think he's saying what you're saying, DID.... Kiszla is the stupid one in this thread...
Yes, it was. I understood him to be agreeing with Kiszla. If he's not, then my bad.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
What a fool KISZLA is I mean....sorry if that didn't come across right. Anyone who wants tebow in is an IDIOT. Orthog is our only good player right now. He's not the problem. Hard to believe anyone would think otherwise. Our problem is obviously our lack of running game and idiot personnel moves by our idiot "coach".

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Hate to say it for Donkos fans, but isn't Mc Dummy in the second year of a 4 year deal?? Do you really think that Pat Bowlen wants to be paying 2 previous coaches salaries and then start paying a 3rd coaches salary on top of that? Thoughts to ponder for sure.....

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Nascar or Fishing? said:
Hate to say it for Donkos fans, but isn't Mc Dummy in the second year of a 4 year deal?? Do you really think that Pat Bowlen wants to be paying 2 previous coaches salaries and then start paying a 3rd coaches salary on top of that? Thoughts to ponder for sure.....
That's a great point... Although, I think Shanny is off the books now. ???

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
Nascar or Fishing? said:
That's a great point... Although, I think Shanny is off the books now. ???
Yep, Shanny is done. McDaniels contract isn't that much per year. Bowlen will lose more than that in revenue next year if he keeps McDaniels around. He'll be money ahead to can him and pay two coach's salaries.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

Once they are mathematically eliminated from winning the division, if that happens, then maybe you see whether Tebow can play, but not until then. That idea is just ludicrous. The fact that you would endorse it just underscores how stupid it is.

I'm ready to see McDaniels gone, too, but I'm not willing to see them tank just to try to accomplish that.
I gotta say, I love the attitude you bronco fans have right now. It feels so much better being in my shoes not expecting to much. GFYOD, I gotta say, I do not look forward to watching my Raiders play the Chiefs, they are fast on offense, and Im pretty sure they are gonna run it down our throats like Chris Johnson did the first week against the titans. Now with that in mind... After what the Raiders just did, are you really optimistic about playing the Chiefs?

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
You'd have to be delusional to be "optimistic" about any Bronco game this year, but that doesn't mean you throw in the towel 7 games into the season, either.

As someone who grew up in Kansas rooting for the Chiefs, I hope they wipe the frickin' grass with scumbag Raider pieces.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
You'd have to be delusional to be "optimistic" about any Bronco game this year, but that doesn't mean you throw in the towel 7 games into the season, either.

As someone who grew up in Kansas rooting for the Chiefs, I hope they wipe the frickin' grass with scumbag Raider pieces.
lol they more than likely will, I have no illusions about my team!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts