Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two questions on this subject I?m hoping you can provide some help on. I?m looking for a slide in truck camper but not sure which one and where to get it.

I?m not rich, so I?ll have to get a used one. I don?t want to spend more than $10K. Here?s what I?m looking for:

Hard side (not pop up)
Stove
Queen bed
A/C (maybe)
Inside shower

I also need it to weigh around 2,000 lbs when wet. I?ll be putting on a 2002 F-350 CC PSD Long Bed SRW truck. Since I got the diesel motor, crew cab, and four-wheel-drive my load capacity is just a bit shy of 2,000 lbs.

Anyone know a specific brand and model that will meet these criteria?

Anyone know an RV dealer in Denver Metro area that sells used truck campers?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Eric, You really could put a heavier camper on that truck, you just don't want to exceed your rear axle weight rating (RAWR) which is on the label on the drivers door or post. I have a Lance 815 (Lance's smallest camper) which would meet your criteria, it's listed at 1695 lbs. dry. This camper serves my purposes perfectly although the bathroom/shower is small. I bought mine new in 2002 for under $10K from Sundance RV in Denver (303-286-7245). They usually have a few used models there also.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also, if you do want to get the AC, which in my opinion is a must in the middle of summer, get the 9000 btu Coleman (about $650) which you can run with a 2000 watt generator (I recommend the Honda EU 2000, pricey but quiet). This is the set-up I use.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts