Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got our limits but over-stayed our welcome just a little. Took this pic early b4 the ice broke apart and we floated for 1/2 hour till the wind blew us into another sheet which we ran /jumped/ jumped some more till we reached shore. The rangers and firemen were waiting for us it was quite the spectacle!

The ice sheets were actually flowing over each other like a tectonic illustration. it was like- now or never water was squirting up thru cracks you could feel the ice cracking under our feet as it flowed over each other. Crazy stuff.

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you keep your poles in the water while you were drifting?
Not intentionally. But I had noticed the lines were angling more and more b4 we packed up and then realized we were adrift.

A pretty lonely feeling right then-:eek:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Nope. Gonna try big Mac next saturday with Ronco.:thumb:

Like hell ya say, the wife just read this and said we have to take another person with us to babysit us. Maybe Dropshot, he had good enough sense to get off the ice before it turned to crap.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'm in.

Gotta be better than this morning.
I was a 3.5 inch perch from the skunk.

BTW, all ice in the center of the lake is gone.

The iceberg adventure is a distant memory.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm in.

Gotta be better than this morning.
I was a 3.5 inch perch from the skunk.

BTW, all ice in the center of the lake is gone.

The iceberg adventure is a distant memory.
Yup, we survived to fish another day.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yikes!! I've had some very sketchy experiences but haven't had one quite like that before. Glad you guys made it off alright!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Minor..., they actually called out the fire trucks, lololol, wouldn't be surprised if they closed the lake due to unsafe conditions, next time get video of the rescue and don't forget to bring a floaty.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts