Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before he even gets there...

Trump receives backlash for 'stutterer' comment
It seems Donald Trump failed to see the humor in some of the jokes made about him at the White House Correspondents' Dinner on Saturday.

While he may have taken President Obama’s one-liners with stride, the tides turned when “SNL’s” Seth Meyers took the stage.

“Donald Trump has been saying that he’ll run for president as a Republican,” said Meyers, “which is surprising, since I just assumed he was running as a joke.” And that was only the beginning.

The next morning, Trump talked with the hosts of “Fox and Friends," and had this to say about the comedian: “I thought Seth Meyers, frankly, his delivery was not good. He’s a stutterer and he really was having a hard time.”

Now he’s in hot water with the Stuttering Foundation.

“Shame on you, Mr. Trump,” said the foundation's president, Jane Fraser. “We at the Stuttering Foundation find it discouraging that in 2011, Donald Trump has chosen to use the word 'stutterer' in a derogatory fashion, something to be made fun of, to describe Seth Meyers' speech at the annual White House Correspondents' dinner.”

What controversy will The Donald be a part of next?

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/03/trump-receives-backlash-for-stutterer-comment/?npt=NP1

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Please Donald Trump......DO NOT RUN.

D.J.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Trump's a joke...If he was on CFF, he'd post a pic a day on the bragging board..Has to keep his face in front of the public...Just one big ego maniac...

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
lucky7 said:
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
djfisherman2 said:

D.J.
Please run, Donald!! He's gonna help my party get back to the White House!! >:D
Do you think he can beat O, Bummer?
I don't think he'll get the nomination. But it would be really awesome to get him to run as an independent to get into a debate or two before dropping out. I'm pretty sure he'd make obummer look like a fool.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Mexican Barney Frank said:
lucky7 said:
djfisherman2 said:

D.J.
I don't think he'll get the nomination. But it would be really awesome to get him to run as an independent to get into a debate or two before dropping out. I'm pretty sure he'd make obummer look like a fool.
Not only bama, he would call out the other repubs and hopefully make them accountable.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
crankn101 said:
Mexican Barney Frank said:
lucky7 said:
djfisherman2 said:

D.J.
Not only bama, he would call out the other repubs and hopefully make them accountable.
X2 for sure

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I don't think Trump will get the nomination, but he may decide to run as an independent if he doesn't. In that capacity, he would help defeat the Republican nominee, just as Ross Perot did in 1992.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
gosh some of you are really taking him seriously. no wonder our country is in trouble. you guys can actually vote! i hope he gets the nomination, that will show what the republicans are all about, but i dont think there even that stupid.least i hope not. how bout you hard core right wingers chime in. even rush and mike rosen think hes a fool. but hey you ran sarah and puppet man so who knows.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
littlemac said:
but hey you ran sarah and puppet man so who knows.
Are you by any chance referencing the U.S. Navy pilot who was shot down in Viet Nam and spent several years getting torturedand maimed in a POW camp?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
sswan said:
littlemac said:
but hey you ran sarah and puppet man so who knows.
Are you by any chance referencing the U.S. Navy pilot who was shot down in Viet Nam and spent several years getting torturedand maimed in a POW camp?
Some Kids have been programmed to disregard someones duty to his country, just because of political side. That's worse than people voting for a proven business man, because surely they people they vote for is a great deal worse. They cry big business because it's programmed by their liberal media, when it all reality, they are supporting the same thing they are bashing, just different political donations.

I asked a person on facebook when the last time they got their paycheck from a poor person. She said that she gets it every month from social security....... The fact that the lower 50% of people in this country don't pay taxes really missed her. And I bet it misses some people on here too.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
sorry didnt mean to sound disrespectable what i was refering to was his status in his party. but you know theres many pow that serve there country that wouldnt make good presidents.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
littlemac said:
sorry didnt mean to sound disrespectable what i was refering to was his status in his party. but you know theres many pow that serve there country that wouldnt make good presidents.
Name them. Every one of them has a leg up on Obama, they served.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts