Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try tube jigging this Sunday at 11 mile. I have been fishing for 35 years, and have never tried it. Can anyone give me some pointers, and are trout pretty receptive to it? I usually drift worms, or troll rapallas. Just thought I would try something new. Thanks for any advice.

Chris

F

·
0 Posts
Most of the hits I get using tubes and on the dead fall.....I prefer white with some sort of flake on it....I use mine like a jerk bait ...jerk jerk jerk pause...and repeat....mess around with different speeds and depths....Trout love tube jigs as do bass, lakers, northerns, They really are a great bait for clear lakes

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks fish. I noticed allot of the big hogs that come out of elevenmile are caught on tube jigs. This is the time of year for them, so I thought I would give it a try. Hopefully the lake will remain ice free through December.

Thanks again...this should be interesting :)

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Go to Spinney instead. Tubes are one of the best baits to use at Spinney. Use a green one or a brown one. Fish it slow with a medium weight and let it get down near or on the bottom. If you go to elevenmile and don't catch anything you might not ever fish a tube again but if you go to spinney early you will get something for sure with a tube.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Maybe try some scented ones before the ban takes effect. Berkley Power and Yum tubes have scent in the plastic. Or you can apply the soak or sticky scents - tubes have a lot of outer and inner surface area to hold em. Stinker the better IMO.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Jigs period are deadly on big trout! I use one called a Vibra Fin Leach at spinney. Unfortunately they don't make them any more :mad: I you use tubes up there, use pumpkin or different shades of green to match the crawdads up there. Another good option is 3" Berkley Power craw with the orange claws. This time of year those fish are loaded with craws!

We will be up at Spinney tommorrow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Neal and Grumpa. I am going to hit 11 mile Snday, and Spinney this Tuesday. I will be alone Tuesday so I can really work on it. Thanks for all the advice. I only have one question. Is it better to use a horizantal, or vertical jerk? As I said before, I have never done this, and I'm trying to learn all I can.

Chris

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
i saw some cowboys up in wyoming fishing the north platte with tubes, they must have had luck with them before because when they hiked down to the river from their car they didnt have vests on or take any other takle with them..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts