Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I rig mine either Texas rigged with an internal weight or with a tube insert with the hook exposed. The T rig works better in areas with a lot of snags.You do get a better hook up ratio fishing it with an exposed hook. To me its all about that spiral fall on the drop-one good way to get that is on an insert head don't push the head all the way in-leave it a little back from the end of the tube and that will enhance the spiral.

Mostly fish these for bass and just let them sink to the bottom and then pop or pull them up a foot or two and let them settle back down. Go with the lightest weight the wind or depth will let you get away with-fish hold on to a light tube better than a heavy one-mostly I throw 1/16 up to 3/16.

I go with the natural colors mostly-gr. pumpkin and watermelon are great all around colors. Finally, don't fish these on a tight line as that will get in the way of a spiral fall-leave a little slack in the line. Of course that doesn't apply if you fishing them with a constant retrieve. Hardly ever fish them with a constant retrieve-bottom bouncing works better for me.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Hammer- I like it. Do the beads clack against each other or are the just there for a spacer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts