Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
P I K E
10,332 Posts
Timmy, take that crank and hang it in a sunny hot window at home hooks down. Let it heat up in the hot sun, as it warms up take a tissue and swab the points that could leak looking for moisture on the tissue. This will let you know where the leak is if any and if you do find one let hang until no more moisture then seal in that area with a dab of super glue. Or just throw the POS away and spend a few bucks and buy one that works correctly!!! :thumb:

·
P I K E
10,332 Posts
"swab the points that could leak looking for moisture on the tissue"

Its a little late to check that thing for leaks after you've used it.
Nope it's not! Letting it sit in the sun warms it slow, expands the plastic opening up the leaking spot and allows it to seep and dry and then you seal it back up. Heating up to hot and fast screws them up because it causes the glue on the bills to get brittle and break off real easy and can cause malfunction of the eyelets to start leaking. It takes awhile to do but can save a bait...done it a couple times! But like I said...is easier to trash the POS and buy another! :thumb:

·
P I K E
10,332 Posts
@ Tim....DUH!!! My reply was in response to crankin's post on your bait being full of water from a leak! Tell me Tim, where do you think the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is? ::) :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.