Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a set of church tackle walleye boards. they dont seem to pull right in the water and seem to have too much drag. i am not sure though as i have never fished with them. they pull perpedicular with the fishing line at about a 45deg angle from the boat. i have seen other boats pulling them and they seem to run pretty parallel with the boat. i have tried a couple different lures and it drags the same. maybe thats how they are supose to run. i will play with them some more this weekend and see if i can get them to run better by shifting the weight. there is a screw on the clip arm that i think i may be able to change the angle on too.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is how mine are running

\---------------------
/
/
<==

this is how i have seen others run

_ ________________
/
/
<==

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they are on the right side of the boat. you really cant run them backwards. clip points to the inside and the weight is on the bottom. they do what they are suppose to do but they pull more to the back of the boat then they do away from the boat. because they create so much drag i cant troll very fast with them either. 1mph max.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You have to have the line attached to the back of the board in a snap swivel or in the black pull tap thing. The screw on the clip is to adjust the tension to the line diameter. The adjustable weight is there so you can slide it forward if you happen to be trolling with something that has alot of pull to help keep the front of the board in the water. Keep your rod as straight up as possible to keep the line out of the water. Good luck

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am almost thinking that what i am fishing with doesnt have enough drag. my boards have a pull pin in the back that the line runs through. when the line pops out of the side clip the board will slide down the line. seems to be a clever design.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts