Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have info on Turk's Pond?..I know where it's located, never been there, wanna go, read about it etc.etc. not sure when it's best out there, looking for first hand accounts?...anyone?..THX TropyTime

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Directions: From the north, go south on US 287/385 to CO 116 (37 miles south of Lamar), and turn left (east). Follow 116 for 14 miles to CR 39 and turn right (south). Go 5 miles and turn right (west) onto CR LL. CR LL dead-ends at Turk's Pond after about a half mile.
Hope this helps.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Or...

Code:
Directions: From Springfield, go 2 miles north on Highway 287 to County Road HH, then 14 miles east to County Road 39, then 3 1/2 miles north to the property.

Fee: None

Boating: Hand-propelled or electric motor

Fish: Bluegill, channel catfish and largemouth bass

Water Acres: 25

Elevation: 3,970 feet

Managing Agency: Division of Wildlife. For more information, call (303) 297-1192.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I know it's way the $%uck out there, but I've heard it's worth the drive?!?! lots O wipers, cat's etc. all the good stuff. Ideal float tube water blah blah blah...any CF.com confirmations??I want details :)) TrophyTime..

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
you want to go to turks pond

im me and you can go with me and the kids in the morning to go catch a limit of wiper and i hope some cat

thats if you want to drive this far

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
see no one contacts me about going fish

every one gets mad at me when i get all the clearance stuff
and if i put up pics of fish tonight people are going to be all
you never invite people to fish with you

so i guess me and my kids will go fishing by ourselfs

its secret lake LMNOP if anyone wants to know

·
Registered
16,652 Posts
I havent been to Turks but I want to. I used to fish TWO buttes lake right near there and that place was Amazing. Withnthe temps down there in the 90's the fishing is sure to be excellent. Watch out saturday the wind is gonna be BAD down there. It'll take ya 4 hrs from Longmont,but what good comes easy?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Slayer-I've fished Two Buttes-before it went dry this last time. Some good bass fishing!! It would be a really great lake if they could just keep water in it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey fishing Kats... cool it... you didnt give people much time to reply... considering you posted the invitation around midnight last night, then said that no one contacts you at 9am... give some people some time. Perhaps they werent looking to go right away.

·
Registered
16,652 Posts
kirbydog said:
Slayer-I've fished Two Buttes-before it went dry this last time.  Some good bass fishing!!  It would be a really great lake if they could just keep water in it.
Yeah,big bass on whatever you threw,big crapps,bluegills. In fact we fished it the spring it emptied and we crushed the largeys in 3 ft of water.Oh well-

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i made the dirve out there last year on a kats tip and it sure paid off

by the way it is way out there you can smell kansas!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AWESUM replies all!...Sounds like 5-6 hours one way??...fill the cooler and go!!..bring an extra cooler for fillets??
Yo fishingkats, let's hookit up??!! anyways, lotsa talk about Two Buttes 'bout 20 miles from Turk's, but not much mention of anyone fishing Turk's...is it the same as T.B.?..infested with crappies, 'gills, cats?? Need some "harvesting" to thin thingz out?? equalizationing??..
SO...TrophyTime] over and not out yet...>>>

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
have not heard anything about turks pond
so have no clue about it

and yes if anyone comes this way let me know i will try to make it out to fish with members

and yes i did realize that i posted that a little late after the fact

·
Registered
39 Posts
There are crappies, cat's, wipers in Turk's. They have a well pump to keep water in it. I have caught some nice cats there as well.
Should be a good time to go. The crappie action should be getting good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts