Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad bought a laker rod in Granby years ago. It's a really nice rod and he's had it for atleast 20 years I'd have to say maybe longer. I would like to get him another cause it's got really big eyelets, and has good backbone with some good tip action. It was made by turners fishn rods. Anyone have any idea where I might be able to find one

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't even think of that, my dad said he bought it from budget tackle and he has used that rod for everything, one of the most resilient rods I've ever seen. They don't make them like they used to

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I've got an old one I still use also that Ive replaced the guides on several times. He quit making them a long time ago.
A friend of mine makes some nice custom rods.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's an awesome rod, I stole one time when I went fishing with some buddies. Boy did I get a butt chewing when I got home, he still runs an old metal Mitchell reel on that thing to,

·
Registered
271 Posts
I sold many Turner rods over the years, but unfortunatly Mr. Turner passed away almost 20 years ago. I don't know if his son still makes them, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow thanks Pathway, that is very unfortunate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts