Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished the ice season off with a little relaxing and non committal trip to Turquois Lake with the wife and kids. Took the snow machine to a more remote area of the lake and set up off shore on a point in 20 FOW. At least 28" of lid that consist of around 18" hard/clear and layers of frozen slush/snow. No slush at all and the snow on top was about 2". Very, I repeat, VERY good ice fishing conditions. Fishing was nonstop for very healthy rainbows that averaged 14". A few skinny lakers also thrown into the mix. Most fish caught on firetiger tungsten jigs tipped with wax. Also ratso tipped with sucker meat. Y'all be surprised how well sucker works on troutskis. Anyways, great place for kids and women with remarkable scenery. Get board and tear up the shorelines with snowmobile. Bout 3 feet of snow still on some of the steeper shorelines for the snow machines.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Sweet! I love turquoise. I also love hitting it up in May wheh I traditionally end my ice season there. Gringos up the road is pretty good for chile rellenos, and I like that potato bar downtown.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts