Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leadville,
After receiving a great deal of info from forum members (thanks again guys!!!) my wife, father in-law, and I hit up Turquoise on Saturday morning. After loading up our enormous amount of equipment. I headed down the hill of death which would have given any bystanders a chuckle. I couldn’t control the 2 sleds at the same time. One or the other was always getting away from me or tipping over. What a learning experience!!

Once I got on the ice things settled down:):)! That is once I got through the nearly two and a half feet of ice things settled down:thumb:. Rainbows/cutbows were lighting up the vexilar like the proverbial Christmas tree. I marked fish from two feet under the ice all the way to the very bottom. Every presentation we dropped through the ice produced something. Gitzit, Lindy Rattlin’ Flyer, Tungsten jigs tipped with mealworms, Marabou jigs, Trout Magnets.

The one thing I never thought would happen when nearly 10 thousand feet above sea-level happened to us on this outing. It was so warm we decided against putting up the hut I lugged to the ice. I never did venture out into the deeper water to target any lakers. With a long drive home, we decided to head back up the hill before the wind started picking up.
Thanks again for all the info!
d

·
Registered
369 Posts
Nice! Glad to hear you had an epic day out there. Got to love those warm days. Always nice when you can ice fish with just a t-shirt and jeans on.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Your experience sounds like my first time as far as fish marking. I ended up going to 60 feet of water which is where rainbows were as well and they were hitting my 4 inch tubes before i could get them to the lakers in 60 feet of water once i got to the bottom i caught a few lakers.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yeah I got one of the worst sunburns that day!
so it looks like we were out the same weekend, I went to Twin Lakes instead got a bit too warm and I took my hat off and was fishing in a t shirt so I got burned bad lol my face hurt all week!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts