Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, haven't had much to report lately as I haven't had opportunity to fish. I've been reading the reports though and have been yearning to go. A buddy and I are going for a campout next week and he wants to go to Turquoise Lake. I have not fished this lake in 20 years and really know nothing about it. Can anyone lend a hand? I haven't noticed anyone on this site talking about it much lately.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Welps Sorry I cant help you out much on this topic. I hope someone will lend you a hand. I havent heard of this place. Wheres this place. Anyhow good luck if you go and report back to us even if it turns out to be a no bagger..

steve

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lake is just outside of Leadville. It is a pretty big lake and I know it does have macks so it must be pretty deep. I do remember some good camping spots around the lake but that was close to 20 years ago that I was there last.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Thanks..

Maybe i'll keep that lake in mind for a gotta go to trip. Just spank the swimming gills off them MACKS when you go for us .. Again good luck ..

steve

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Pikester,

Heading up to Turquoise will bring back good memories. The lake will probably be a lot lower than you remember it, but not low enough to affect the fishing conditions. Most of the lakers, big ones at leaast, will have gone to deeper, colder water by now, but there are tons of fish in Turquoise and you should be able to bend a rod. If fishing from shore I would head up towards the Inlet. You will have to drive over the dam to get there, but will figure it out. The shore from the dam up to the inlet will be a good option as well and is easily accessable from the road that goes accross the dam. Huck some lures or bait and have fun!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a bunch for the info. Besides macks what else is swimming around in there - Rainbow, Browns, Cutts, Kokes? Are there any pike to throw some big lures at? I love pike and macks much to the dismay of the DOW. I turn the big ones loose!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts