Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, any recent intel on Turquoise? This is a lake I have never iced and have a buddy asking me if I would take him out there. He is missing a leg but seems to walk just fine on his prosthesis. Just don't want to get him into too much climbing. He has never caught lakers through the ice and would like to give that a try. Fishing trip is this Tuesday so I don't have much time. Unfortunately, I don't know this place very well so I'm feeling a little lost. I'd sure appreciate any help!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
they call it the hill of death for a reason, lots of stocker rainbows and if you managed to get below them small lakers not sure its worth the hassle, now if you have a machine it will open the lake up for better fishing like the humps over by the inlet area

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ended up going over to Twin Lakes. Caught two 17" lakers. Not many biters but sure marked quite a few a about 35-40'.

·
Registered
5 Posts
they call it the hill of death for a reason, lots of stocker rainbows and if you managed to get below them small lakers not sure its worth the hassle, now if you have a machine it will open the lake up for better fishing like the humps over by the inlet area
totally agree with you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts