Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
My buddy Jerry fished it. Pretty sure he said there where 5 lakers between 10-20 lbs. weighed in. Think he got 2nd place for rainbows. He pounded the lakers but they where all small and towards the end moved in shallow and picked up a money fish.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trout said:
My buddy Jerry fished it. Pretty sure he said there where 5 lakers between 10-20 lbs. weighed in.
Too bad. There aren't that many of those fish in that lake.

Thanks, Tom.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UNREPENTANT SINNER said:
So this is not a C&R tournement?
Nope. Although I know of some folks who have attempted to keep lake trout entries alive and release them after weigh-in in years past.

·
Registered
844 Posts
To bad that is one of my favorite mtn. lakes to fish and as you said, that big of fish are few and far between. Last time there three of us fished two days casting lures until I finally landed our only big one SE of the channel.
It seems they could use flags and judges to measure at least the macks and then release them.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep. I hate those lake trout tournaments. Just a kill fest for a few hundred bucks.

C

·
0 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Yep. I hate those lake trout tournaments. Just a kill fest for a few hundred bucks.
does bother me as well. There was no way I was gonna kill the one I caught last weekend. I figure twin is a place that doesn't really hold the amount of giants that Blue and Granby do. Not that I would kill one there either though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts