Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if anybody could give me a report on twin lakes, were to go what to use, and ice conditions it would be greatly appreciated.  I have never ice fished there seen it on my way to forbay to float tube this time of year, but never fished it.  Any information would be great, trying to go this saturday.

M

·
0 Posts
Re: twin lakes info

Well, I can assure you it is frozen, but that's about all.

I replied because you said forebay and float tube and this time of year in the same sentence. Is forebay still open? I would think it would be solid, but with all the water level fluctuation in that lake, who knows. Any information on either twin lakes or forebay is good stuff for me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to mustang yes i do know that twin lakes are frozen and that forbay is half frozen. Ihad a report from last week, forbay does not usually freeze and when it does it is usually not really safe, it freezes in layers i have heard of guys drilling holes only to find a layer of water about a foot think and then another layer of ice, Iwould not ice fish forbay myself just from what i have heard but there is some big fish there and i would not miss an opportunityto float tube it october is the best i thin.k

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I have some info on Twin lakes but it's second hand so you can take it for what it's worth, a friend of my brother fishes it regularly and has been doing pretty well for lakers through the ice. No locations or bait used just he has been catching good numbers of fish. Hope this gives you a idea.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks cris glad to hear that someone is catching some lakers there, getting real pumped about going and landing some big lakers i hope thanks again for the help

·
Registered
297 Posts
I haven't iced it since I was a little kid(30+years) but would love to try it again, any info would be greatly appreciated. and anybody that wants to hook up and give it a go let me know and we'll meet up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts