Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard from the grapevine that Twin Lakes are already open. Y'all think that's worth the trip? I've been wanting to try them lake trout. "At least one, just one!!!"

Or how bout the Forebay?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I know Forebay is open, I think Twin Lakes still has some ice on it but if there is a good amount of water between shore and ice then you should still be able to land some macks. The window for the shallow mackinaw is closing as they will start heading back to deep water the warmer things get.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ePiC said:
I know Forebay is open, I think Twin Lakes still has some ice on it but if there is a good amount of water between shore and ice then you should still be able to land some macks.  The window for the shallow mackinaw is closing as they will start heading back to deep water the warmer things get.
Thanks!! That's all the info I'll need!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
This is also depending on how much snow they are getting right now. :p

·
Registered
81 Posts
Where is Twin Lakes at?

Still trying to figure out where all these lakes are at that you guys are talking about.

Thanks

shadow

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna try it soon, but I don't know if y'allz will be interested in my reports because fishing for mackinaw is something totally new to me. But I'll still post anyway when that time comes.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I go to Twin Lakes, I'll be leaving from exactly at the I-70 and Federal exit and head west. HOW LONG do y'allz think the drive will be?

Oh, and which will be the fastest way?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
The easiest way to find out how long it will take to get there is go to www.mapquest.com and click directions and enter this into destination Twin Lakes, Colorado 81251 and your address.

M

·
0 Posts
2 hours, 15 minutes, 42.5 seconds...

Depends on how fast you drive but that should be about right, If the road up by the climax mine isn't covered in snow....which it probably is...yup...I'm not much help but I'm going Sunday.

·
Registered
103 Posts
yep-2.5 hoursish- 1-70 to the copper mountain exit, south, pull the pass, thru leadville, past Turquiose and your are just about there, I have had good action there at the big rocky point by the ramp and also the inlet area from shore with sucker or eggs early season also. if you have the time, try to get to the lake up above the pump, I have never been there but keep hearing good reports from one of our delivery guys who likes casting bubbles and wooley buggers and castmasters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts