Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished January's project (yeah, a little late). Twin Batson 7'6" ML spinning rods, Fuji SKSS reelseat and Fuji K-frame guides. Got crappie and fly rods in the works for February, gotta stay busy until spring fishing heats up.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Nice job!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me know how you like those SK spinning seats. I'm not a fan of them personally.
I have them on several of my own rods, including the Phenix I modeled these Batsons after, and really like them. I'm a lefty and my reel seats tend to unscrew while I'm fishing, but it's not as bad on these seats. What don't you like about them, specifically?

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
I have not been a fan of any skeletized spinning seats. I don't think they are comfortable. I built a spinning rod recently for a guy with that seat, I just have not fished it. I do like the SK casting seats(they are still heavier than a home cut and shaped ECSM), but you handle them differently. I feel like when I grip down there is no support in the palm of my hand on skeletized spinning seats.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I have not been a fan of any skeletized spinning seats. I don't think they are comfortable. I built a spinning rod recently for a guy with that seat, I just have not fished it. I do like the SK casting seats(they are still heavier than a home cut and shaped ECSM), but you handle them differently. I feel like when I grip down there is no support in the palm of my hand on skeletized spinning seats.
That makes perfect sense, I felt the same way about the skeleton seats for a while, and I still prefer a full seat on heavier rods. The Fujis are more comfortable than most, IMO. Thanks for the input.:thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts