Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out yesterday morning to do a little ice fishing...Hadn't been out much this year. Had a good day at Granby a couple of weeks a go, and a so so day at the mile, but that was it.

So, it was back to the hills and off for pike again. Had a great day...a couple of hammer handles, and a few nice fish....three between 8 and sixteen pounds, and two more nice ones lost at the hole. Fishing very, very shallow (three foot of water) in a new spot I'd found.

Here's one from yesterday.

Well, after doing well yesterday...Batman wanted to hit it up...So back I went. Another beautiful day...We each picked up a hammer handle 24 inchers...and each lost a hog...pushing forty..got robbed by a couple in the thirties...

And then right before we left, Jeff hooked up with a nice 16 lber...these fish are fat this winter...took him right into the muck and the weeds...buried herself in the shallow mud..what a beautiful mess.

So all in all, it was a great couple of days getting out. Always nice fishing with Jeff.

I guess I can toss in a couple of pics from granby..good luck to anyone fishing the tourney.

[img]http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad21/hobiew1/DSCF1848.jpg

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6 to 8 inch dead suckers...Funny...had a thirty four, thirty six incher come through the holes today...I knew that one wasn't going to hit seeing as he had a trout down his throat. All that was sticking out was the last two inches of tail... Pretty cool to see in two and a half to three foot of water.

W

·
0 Posts
That is freakin awesome! Any of those would be the highlights of my ice fishing "career"

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
HookNLine said:
You catch fish every where, the mountains, metro, south, southeast. Your unstoppable!
Yeppers Hobie might be one of the best fisherman on here...he wore Jeff out, Jeff called me wore out wondering if I was doing the tourney...he sounded pretty happy with his Pike guide...amazing he caught fish inspite of that hat...that really shows how good of a guide Dave is...that hat is almost unsurmountable odds...Byron that is cold...I hope youre happy when I am crying myself to sleep...cripeZ!...really nice job guys...

·
Registered
902 Posts
hobiecat said:
zman said:
HookNLine said:
You catch fish every where, the mountains, metro, south, southeast. Your unstoppable!
Yeppers Hobie might be one of the best fisherman on here....
Just lucky....but thanks for the responses.
I haven't seen much luck Hobie, all hard work research and the willingness to go where no one else does. Maybe the 17lb pike on 4lb test with a jig head and knot wedged between two teeth was a little lucky but thats all. ;D

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Sweet Pike!!!!!! I'll bet that nice one really put up a good fight through the ice?!?

D.J.

·
Registered
902 Posts
djfisherman2 said:
Sweet Pike!!!!!! I'll bet that nice one really put up a good fight through the ice?!?

D.J.
Yeah DJ, The pike on the ice is laying next to a size 14 pac boot. It was a battle for sure. I had kinda burned out on fishing for a while but I think that fish got me going again!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts