Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished a couple rivers here in W. Colorado this morning. Gonna try a couple different ones tomorrow.
Caught alot of fish today, but nothing very big. The colors made up for lack of size . :)

I love winter fishing!
The 2nd and 3rd pics are the same fish. Hate when I do that.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only got to fish one river today. Caught numbers again, nothing over 16 inches. I forgot my cell phone, camera, forgot to put the trash to the curb this morning. Came home early and beat the trash collector .

I really do enjoy winter fishing. This year is a little different, I am really catching lots of fish, but I cant get the big ones (22"+) to hit. Maybe it's a time of the year thing, and the bigger ones will start hitting later.

I am throwing everything like I normally do. Size 24 Midges to size 8 Stone Nymphs and everything in between. Just haven't had any of the big guys show up yet.

I'm not complaing, just whining a little.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You are so right about the colors. Even that fish in two pics. I love how the color changes with the light. Fantastic. I am still in pheasant hunt mode, so another month before I hit it hard. By then the Colorado will be iced up, and unfloatable, but wadable.

thanks for posting. Man I love it here. I could pheasant hunt tomorrow, golf Wednesday, fly fish Thursday, and hit the snow for any manner of winter fun on Friday....so much to do, so little time off!!

Go Tebow!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fisher-man said:
It's been a long time Pop. Let me fill you in. My wife (who you never met) ran off with a Carny. Not to worry. I started dating her mom when she got out of re-hab. She lets me fish whenever I want as long as I bring home a 12 pack of Schaefer Light when I'm done. ;D
Happy New Year!

·
Registered
596 Posts
DUBBN said:
Fisher-man said:
It's been a long time Pop. Let me fill you in. My wife (who you never met) ran off with a Carny. Not to worry. I started dating her mom when she got out of re-hab. She lets me fish whenever I want as long as I bring home a 12 pack of Schaefer Light when I'm done. ;D
Happy New Year!
Now that is funny! :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts