Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A forum member posts a picture of a big fish. The post and the follow-up messages go something like this:

Mud Turtle: went to HoneyHole Pond today, got there at 9 a.m. and fished for two hours. Caught and released several stocker trout. Got one big mama about 22" that was a lot of fun. Weather was sunny and calm. All in all a nice morning.
{picture of nice trout}

Spider: Nice fish, Mud Turtle!

Skunk Man: Wow! Wish I could catch one like that! Good job, Mud Turtle!

Blondie: Where is HoneyHole Pond?

Eyeguy: I was there two weeks ago and caught one twice that big on a NFG fly. Too bad I forgot my camera.

Admin: Okay, keep it clean guys, or it's gone.

WaterBug: It's west of Gumball Center on State Highway 96.

BigBrother: I hope you returned that one to the water, and I demand to know whether you did or not.

Blondie: Where is Gumball Center?

StinkBait: Dang, MT, you always have pictures of great fish. Keep 'em coming!

WaterBug: Gumball Center is in western Pike County. Check your map.

Mud Turtle: Thanks, people, I was pretty proud of that one. Yes, I released it.

HardH2O: Does it freeze over in the winter?

Blondie: Where is Pike County?

Mud Turtle: It usually freezes from about Dec. 15 - Mar. 15

FishEater: Looks tasty! You didn't let that one go, did you?

FooFighter: Trout? In HoneyHole Pond? When did this happen? Boy the DOW is really stupid to put trout in there. They are just ruining all our fishing waters. I hate the DOW. Look what they did to Sucker Lake. Hardly any big ones left in there.

BigBrother: How do I know whether you did or not?

Bass-R-Us: Wow! Nice trout! What did you catch him on?

Blondie: Where is Sucker Lake?

Jet-Ski: Does HoneyHole have a boat launch ramp?

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Yeah and there was no Walking Eagle post in the diatribe asking if anyone had seen female units fishing in just long underwear...

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Grumpa said:
By the way, what is an "NFG fly"?
Some uninformed readers might assume it relates to a common expression that means "No Darn Good." ;D
But actually I just thought it sounded like fishermen's jargon for some kind of a fly.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I think you mean .................... humm.... ok yes Hmm,,, yes I stand corrected- its not hummm... (kid supervising "at this moment", aka atm) no caps

Well, my daughter thinks its "no freakin good" but I think it means, no frikin good. different generation. I think her translation means - or is midwestern slang for not so bad --- In fishn terms, I believe NFG means, Newest Fish Getting Fly, something that everyone needs to have.

So where do you get one? Gum ball center?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts