Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Nice fish there! P-Lo is considered by many to be one of the premier warm water fisheries from Montana to New Mexico along the Rocky Mountain front range.

It looks like it's going to be healthy this year!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a Bruiser U have there..I havent caught any over 5lbs since I lived in Kansas back in 2006, Ill try to find some of my old pics to post as well...I have lived in quite a few states over the past few years and i always look for the best fishing spots LOL
Whoa... I feel like I must comment on your post on principle. :biggrin1:

Nice smallie

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
So if it's illegal to fish from the dam, that means he's poaching-

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
unless something has changed since last summer, he was doing nothing wrong... nice fish btw and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
unless something has changed since last summer, he was doing nothing wrong... nice fish btw and welcome to the site.
http://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/parks/LakePueblo/Documents/LakePuebloAreaBrochure.pdf

Fishing
Lake Pueblo is an excellent fishery and one of
the top walleye, wiper and bass fisheries in the state.
Fishing is permitted anywhere on the park with a
valid fishing license, except from the boat docks,
boat ramps, along the face of the dam, and in other
areas closed to public access.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
http://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/parks/LakePueblo/Documents/LakePuebloAreaBrochure.pdf#search=Pueblo Dam

Fishing
Lake Pueblo is an excellent fishery and one of
the top walleye, wiper and bass fisheries in the state.
Fishing is permitted anywhere on the park with a
valid fishing license, except from the boat docks,
boat ramps, along the face of the dam, and in other
areas closed to public access.
How old is that? It's my understanding the dam has been open in a limited fashion for the last couple of years?

I could be wrong about that though. What I wanna know is why anyone wanna fish down there anyway? Ain't nothin' but a bunch of 12" bass, with the occasional 15".... ::)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
according to doug, head ranger at the park, the face of the dam is the concrete structure and that was last summer.
call the park office and ask for doug to get the info for yourself... it may have changed since then.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
How old is that? It's my understanding the dam has been open in a limited fashion for the last couple of years?

I could be wrong about that though. What I wanna know is why anyone wanna fish down there anyway? Ain't nothin' but a bunch of 12" bass, with the occasional 15".... ::)
Doesnt seem to have a date on it

according to doug, head ranger at the park, the face of the dam is the concrete structure and that was last summer.
call the park office and ask for doug to get the info for yourself... it may have changed since then.
I can def. see that interpretation as valid... IF i were ever planning on fishing the Dam from shore I would def. call to verify... however i doubt I'll ever fish Pueblo from shore.. and if i do it wont be from the dam.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
and considering he was directly below the ranger station in broad daylight kinda make me think he was within the law.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts