Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had walleye on the brain the last few days, so I planned to head out to chatty or cc tonight to get after um with the fly rod. When I got off work, I decided to save the gas, the entry fee, and a long night of casting with no reward, and hit up wash park for some carp instead. We have seen and caught some pretty unbelievable stuff out of there in years past, but for a while now it has sucked for everything except carp. The capr's were there and eating, got this guy on a clouser pretty quick.

A few casts later I hooked up again, with what I thought was another carp, When I got it close and saw the mouth, it sure wasn't a carp...

It was a freakin 28" eye. My biggest yet.

the white slash on my rod is 20"

I had caught a very small eye out of there a few years back, but had no idea there would be a fish of this quality, and that it would eat my clouser.

Awesome night!!!!

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Freakin Awesome, just like you said. BRAVO!!!!! Not sure which fish I am more impressed with, the tiger or this one... Your killin it mang...

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
That's just plain awesome. You are like a Jedi with that damn fly rod!

(oh-oh...did I just expose my geek side...damn...now I'm gonna hafta post some gangsta sh!t)

;D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Awesome eye! You've had quite a run on the warmwater species. I'm looking forward to chasing some more eyes again this fall-I managed to tie into a couple of hawgs myself earlier this year. They love those clousers.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Fistfullafish said:
Holy crap, wash park????? Dude, thats a seriously nice fish for Big Mac, not wash park, crazy. I'm not sure I'm 100% convinced of location. Good skill regardless :eek:

;)
That's Wash park. I know that spot. Never thought I'd see a 28" eye come outta there though. Big crappies and some surprising bass in there too...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[/quote]

That's Wash park. I know that spot. Never thought I'd see a 28" eye come outta there though.
[/quote]

I've fished that pond 2-3 a month for the last 4 years, and I never would have thought I'd see it come out of there! The only reason I even disclosed the location, aside from the shock factor, is that it has fished so bad(aside from carp, which everyone already knows are in there) for a long while now. I highly doubt that there is a large population of eyes in there, or even bass anymore. It's a shame though, because I have seen its potential, and with a little effort from denver parks, and some tight regs, it could be an amazing urban fishery

1 - 20 of 32 Posts